19 Dec 9 Eye-opening Stats about Website user Experience and your Website First Impressions
It’s all about the website user experience. Our shoppers or website visitors are no longer happy with clicking on a basic website and having to find information on their own. If you have an old, homemade or outdated website design you are actually hampering your business. I’ve compiled 9 eye-opening statistics that will help you realize the value of a good website design.
These are real results that have been studied on old, outdated or homemade websites:
• Potential customers thing you’re not good enough for my money – 35% of consumers walked away from small businesses because of a poor website. While 7% spent less. (Virtual Main Street Audit)
• Customers think customer support will be terrible – 78% bail because of this perception (American Express Survey)
• Visitors think you’re not credible – 46% of people say a website’s design is the number one criteria for discerning credibility (Stanford’s Persuasive Technology Lab report)
• This company is technology incompetent (Wall Street Journal study)
• Shoppers think that you are not proud of your company
• 38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content of layout are unattractive (SWEOR)
• 89% of online consumers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience (SWEOR)
• 39% of people will stop engaging with a website if it takes too long to load. 47% of users expect a maximum of 2 seconds loading time (SWEOR)
• If given 15 minutes to consume content, two-thirds of people would rather read something beautifully designed than something plain (SWEOR)
To make sure your website is bringing you business make sure you hire a professional website company.