Right now there is a massive amount of employee talent out on the street. At the start of the pandemic people were laid off, some were not re-hired. Others may have had time to think about their situations and decided on career shifts or changes.
Whatever the reason, it’s a great time to shore up and upgrade your team which leads to the question, if the best possible Rock Star employee saw your Join Our Team page on your website, would they want to work with you? Does your Careers page reflect your culture? How appealing does your business look to a future employee? Are you geared up to attract the very best workers?
Here are some must haves for your Join Our Team page:
- Make sure your culture is well defined in photos, text and if possible video.
- Explain what a ‘day in the life’ is like – what will the employee be doing day to day?
- Describe the ideal personality traits for different jobs. For example, if you like to work with your hands this job is great for you. Or, if you like a stringent routine you would be a good fit for this job.
- Pepper the page with testimonials from your current employees about the company, culture and expectations.
- Explain your training process.
- List benefits including vacation and insurance policies.
- Explain your employee team building exercises.
- Make sure you have an easy to fill form that allows candidates to upload resumes.
- Make it clear your hiring protocol. For example, we do not have a job available right now, we will get back to you within one week. We’ll keep your information of file and contact you when a position becomes available.
- If you post for a specific job make sure you let candidates know your hiring procedure. For example, if we think you’re a good fit for our organization, we will call you within one week to set up in person interviews.
- Have the page live on the website even if you’re not hiring. You’ll be able to keep interested candidates on file until you have a spot to fill.