06 Sep Hurricane Irma & Your Website
Keep your customers aware during the storm
It is still too early to tell, but Hurricane Irma could pose a major threat to North Carolina. Keep your customers informed even if you’re not at the office.
Update your website on a mobile device or tablet:
- Bring your login and password with you when you leave the office
- To access your dashboard from your phone or tablet go to www.mywebsite(replaced with your domain name).com/wp-admin
- Login and make changes to notify your clients of storm related changes to your business
After the storm you can make changes to notify your customers when you’re up and running.
If you would rather Design Interventions update your website. We’re happy to help. email@example.com or text 910 200-3367
Computer & Printer Safety
1. BACKUP YOUR DATA EXTERNALLY
Backup your data files to an external drive to prevent loss of data. Take it with you if you evacuate or put it in a secure, safe place.
Print a copy of your important/emergency contacts and take them with you in the event that you do not have access to them from your phone or computer, you’ll have them available to use via a landline.
2. SECURE YOUR ELECTRONICS
- Shutdown the operating system.
- If connected to a surge protector – unplug the surge protector. (or unplug power cables from the surge protector).
- If there’s no surge protector – unplug the power cables from the outlet.
- Unplug Ethernet cable from back of the computer or docking station.
Power off the printer.
- If connected to a surge protector – unplug the surge protector from the outlet.
- If no surge protector – unplug the power cable from the outlet.
- Unplug the Ethernet cable from the back of the printer.
- Unplug phone cable from the back of the printer (if fax line connected).
Happy to help.
We hope you don’t need this information on Hurricane Irma preparedness.
Know that if you need us we’re here to help.
firstname.lastname@example.org or text 910 200-3367